Thursday, September 27, 2007

When I was first introduced to Rollyo, it wasn't love at first sight. Who would want to embrace a search engine that requires preparation work in advance? I was too comfortable with Google or Yahoo search.

On the other hand, I did have problems managing my favorite and/or useful websites, most were buried under “bookmark” on my browser, so I decided to give Rollyo a try.

I went into Rollyo with low expectation and high skepticism. I cataloged my favorite websites, assigned them to different searchscrolls that I had set up, and remained unconvinced along the way. The Aha! moment came only after I had put the “Rollbar” on my browser, all of a sudden, the mission of Rollyo became clear, it's about one-stop searching. One click on this "Rollbar" button, a Rollyo search box appeared. I typed in a word or a phrase, chose a specific searchroll, and Rollyo began to search my subject in the websites that resided in that searchscroll. I also added the site that I was visiting to one of my searchscrolls, it was fast, easy, and efficient, the preparation work really paid off and I was on a roll.

Rollyo has won me over, I even created a searchscroll to keep my favorite “23 Things”. It has occupied a permanent place on my browser, or at least until the next great search engine comes along.

Such is life in the wild wide web!



No comments: